1 make or cause to be or to become; "make a mess in one's office"; "create a furor" [syn: make]
2 bring into existence; "The company was created 25 years ago"; "He created a new movement in painting"
3 pursue a creative activity; be engaged in a creative activity; "Don't disturb him--he is creating"
4 invest with a new title, office, or rank; "Create one a peer"
5 create by artistic means; "create a poem"; "Schoenberg created twelve-tone music"; "Picasso created Cubism"; "Auden made verses" [syn: make]
6 create or manufacture a man-made product; "We produce more cars than we can sell"; "The company has been making toys for two centuries" [syn: produce, make]
- Rhymes: -eɪt
Derived termsrel-top terms derived from create
Related termsrel-top terms related to create
- Bulgarian: създавам, творя
- Catalan: crear
- Chinese: 创造 (chuàngzào)
- Danish: skabe
- Dutch: scheppen
- Estonian: looma, tekitama
- Finnish: luoda, tehdä
- French: créer
- Georgian: შექმნა (šek‘mna)
- German: erschaffen, entwerfen
- Italian: creare
- Japanese: 創造する (そうぞうする, sōzō suru)
- Korean: 창조하다 (changjohada)
- Latin: creo
- Portuguese: criar
- Russian: создавать (sozdavát’)
- Spanish: crear
- Swedish: skapa, tillverka, göra
- Thai: (sâang)
- Yiddish: באַשאַפֿן (bashafn)
to put into existence
Requests for translation
- ttbc Catalan: crear
- ttbc Danish: skabe, kreere
- ttbc Dutch: creëren, scheppen, maken
- ttbc Esperanto: krei
- ttbc French: créer
- ttbc Greek: δημιουργώ (dimiurgo), πλάθω (platho)
- ttbc Hebrew: ליצור (litzor) (1); לייצר (leiatzer) (2); לברוא (livro') (3 - as in Creation by God)
- ttbc Indonesian: menciptakan, membuat, membikin
- ttbc Interlingua: crear
- ttbc Italian: creare
- ttbc Japanese:
- ttbc Old English: scieppan
- ttbc Portuguese: criar
- ttbc Romanian: a crea, a face
- ttbc Russian: создавать
- ttbc Sanskrit: krit
- ttbc Slovene: ustvariti
- ttbc Spanish: crear, generar
- ttbc Turkish: yaratmak
- second-person plural indicative present of creare
- second-person plural imperative of creare
Create may refer to:
- Create (television network), an American public television network consisting of lifestyle and human interest programming from the libraries of PBS and American Public Television.
- Chicago Region Environmental and Transportation Efficiency Program, a proposed improvement to the rail lines in the Chicago area.
- Create (SQL), a statement in SQL.
- Create (!), a free jazz band.
- iRobot Create, a hobbyist robot based on the iRobot Roomba platform.
assemble, author, bear, beget, block out, break ground, break the ice, breed, bring about, bring forth, bring into being, bring to effect, bring to pass, build, call into being, carve, cast, cause, chisel, coin, compose, compound, conceit, conceive, conceptualize, concoct, constitute, construct, contrive, cut, design, develop, devise, do, dream up, effect, effectuate, efform, elaborate, engender, erect, establish, evolve, experience imaginatively, extrude, fabricate, fancy, fantasize, fashion, father, fictionalize, figure, fix, forge, form, formalize, formulate, found, frame, fudge together, generate, gestate, get up, give birth to, give occasion to, give origin to, give rise to, hatch, head, head up, hew, ideate, imagine, inaugurate, indite, initiate, innovate, institute, invent, knead, knock out, lay out, lead, lead off, lead the way, lick into shape, make, make up, manufacture, mature, mint, model, mold, occasion, organize, originate, parent, patch together, piece together, pioneer, precede, prefabricate, prepare, procreate, produce, put together, put up, raise, realize, rear, revolutionize, rough out, roughcast, roughhew, run up, sculpt, sculpture, set, set afloat, set on foot, set up, shape, sire, spawn, stamp, stand first, start, suppose, tailor, take the initiative, take the lead, take the plunge, thermoform, think up, whomp up, work, write